IT Resource Solutions
Wire spooler Traverse City, MI
Salary: $ – $
This position will primarily operate wire spooling machines and mainly interacts with department co-workers. The principle challenge of this position is to sustain high production levels of spooled product. The principle focus of this position is to provide superior quality products. This is a production operation where the incumbent will stay very near his/her production machine.
- Perform work in a safe manner following all EH&S procedures and reporting EH&S concerns.
- Accountable for production quality including, but not limited to, wire cleanliness, wire cast & pitch, and level layer winding.
- Must read and follow written instructions to ensure customer demands are met and utilize a computer for inventory tracking and traceability.
- Thread-up and operation of Wire Spooling machines. This may include the manipulation of up to 900-pound spools.
- Winding of the aluminum wire onto carrier spools.
- Boxing and packaging of carrier spools. Moving pallets utilizing an industrial fork truck.
- Maintaining a clean and neat work area.
- Support and participate in corporate initiatives that improve overall business performance as needed such as lean, EH&S, etc
- High School Diploma preferred but not mandatory.
- Mechanical aptitude for routine set-up and maintenance on the spooling machine.
- Physical ability to maneuver up to 900-pound spools of wire on the floor and lift 35 pounds.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records.
- Ability to drive and operate an industrial fork truck.
- Must be able to work at least 12 hours per day including Saturdays and Sundays.
- AlcoTec Wire Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of The ESAB Group, Inc. is located in Traverse City, Michigan.
- AlcoTec offers a production environment for most positions including Wire Spooler.
AlcoTec Wire Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.