IT Resource Solutions
Peoplesoft Project Manager Albany, NY
Salary: $ – $
We are on the hunt for a veteran Peoplesoft Project Manager to lead our client on a multi year contract. The Project Manager will provide services to oversee and coordinate all project-related activities for the initiative. This will involve coordination and collaboration with all stakeholders, assigned subject matter experts (SMEs), and contractors identified by the Project Director.
- Facilitate Execution of the Project Management Plan
- Facilitate Execution of the Project Change Management Plan
- Facilitate Execution of the Project Risk Management Plan
- Manage System Change Management Process
- Assist Project Director with oversight ofSME Work Groups and SI Contractor Work
- Determine and define project and task scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and where appropriate, manage resources, either directly or indirectly, in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Maintain RAID logs, ensure due dates are achievable, track owners and stakeholders, and communicate status constantly and clearly
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Assist with the management of vendors by assigning tasks, communicating, and in some cases reviewing, expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Bachelors Degree in IT and/or Business related.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience, including 5+ years of program/project management experience or 2+ years of management experience.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Experience managing and/or participating in the deployment of PeopleSoft solutions.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with New York State agencies and/or New York State civil service.