IT Resource Solutions
Organizational Effectiveness Specialist
Salary: $ – $
The Organizational Effectiveness Specialist will start at a temp to hire contract that pays $40/hr. This person will utilize knowledge and specialized skills obtained through experience and training to support the development, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate organizational effectiveness across JEA. The Organizational Effectiveness Specialist provides strategic consultation related to talent planning including performance management, talent review and succession planning, organizational design, change management, and employee engagement while embodying JEA’s core values – safety, respect, and integrity – with every decision and in every interaction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and continuously improve enterprise talent management and succession planning policies, processes, tools, and reporting.
• Collaborate closely with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) to implement core strategies and processes to drive business results.
• Assess and forecast department human capital and development needs to deliver customized strategies to increase organizational effectiveness.
• Conduct diagnosis and provides expert consultation to business units in the development and implementation of customized Organizational Development (OD) strategies, solutions, interventions and tools (e.g., strategic planning, team effectiveness, change management, organization design, etc.).
• Provides process leadership to monitor the constantly changing workforce profile and partner with the operating business units to understand and advise on workforce issues that will impact JEA’s effectiveness in meeting the corporate objectives
• Provide effective one-on-one consultation and team coaching designed to improve performance.
• Develop process and tools for long-range organization capability and talent planning processes.
• Partner with the HRBP to create learning roadmaps outlining offerings aligned to KSAs.
• Develop and implement change management strategies and plans for company-wide business initiatives.
• Drive other projects or initiatives related to organization development.
• Provide thought leadership in change management, coaching strategies, and OD solutions and tools to improve the performance of teams and organizations. • Lead the development of Organizational Development tools for our HRBPs to deploy in their business areas.
• Collaborate with Training Specialists to Design, develop and implement learning strategies that support key business initiatives.
• Responsible for continually building JEA’s human capital and encouraging employee development.
• Conducts workforce planning initiatives, including monitoring, reporting and advising on critical issues.
• Works with HRBPs and consults with business units to and identify talent and/or skill gaps and create internal talent profiles/pools in order to address current and future pipeline needs
• Works with Talent Acquisition to conduct Quality of Hire assessments that result in employee engagement, and long-term organizational success.
• Summarizes outcomes from implemented strategies, next steps and delivery recommendations.
• Analyze areas within the organization that could optimizes personnel utilization and support cross-functionality and interdepartmental cooperation.
• Interviews department units and personnel and to determine and recommend targeted skills development initiatives.
• Design and conduct lifecycle and specific issue surveys related to the work environment
• Measures the impact of interventions on staff performance, efficiency, employee retention, and job satisfaction.
• Evaluates business structures, advising management on the allocation of personnel and resources, and facilitating cost-effective and efficient procedures.
• Analyzes trends in workforce (diversity demographics, hiring/attrition metrics, org discrepancies) to forecast workforce needs and talent gaps
• Develops strategies for leadership development, talent sourcing (interns, professional, etc.), and recommends org/position changes to support growth • Identify trends in performance data and make recommendations for action
• Research and develops predictive data information to provided expert consultation to Senior Leadership for use in timely staffing decisions ensuring the organization sustains its highly technical and specialized workforce
• Deals with large volumes of data to understand trends in the workforce and translates that to draw out key focus areas for Organizational Effectiveness
• Assists in the preparation of Agenda Items and presentations for the JEA Board of Directors and stakeholder groups.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
• Knowledge of HR practices, policies and guidelines.
• Broad knowledge of organizational structures, business financial workings, human resource management policies and performance management principles.
• Demonstrate excellent facilitation, persuasion, and teamwork skills; ability to achieve results by influencing others to action. Demonstrated experience using consultative and interpersonal skills to assist internal customers with diagnosis, planning, and execution of strategies to achieve targeted goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to use data and facts to build a persuasive business case. • Knowledge of headcount planning, forecasting and resource management trends and tools
• Organizational design methodology
• Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate data broadly
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Excellent project and program management skills to include planning and execution and manage projects with aggressive timeframes under minimal supervision.
• Experience with applied research methodologies and performing data analyses in a professional environment.
• Ability to work effectively across processes, ensuring effective handoff procedures, practices and measurements.
• Ability to understand and resolve external and internal customer issues; ability to handle conflict.
• Ability to establish strong relationships and work closely with corporate leadership and staff
• Ability to recognize the need for and lead improvement efforts.
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential employee information appropriately with the ability to distinguish between confidential data and information required to present recommendations and implement strategies