IT Resource Solutions
Logistics Dispatcher San Jose, CA
Salary: $20 – $22
Are you a Customer Service Rep. looking for your next opportunity or are you looking to get your foot in the door with a great organization? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Our great client is currently looking for a Logistics Dispatcher to join their team on 2 month contract (with possible extensions). Below are the responsibilities and requirements for this great opportunity. The manager is looking to fill this role quickly, so apply today!
- Endeavors to maintain harmonious relations with customers at all times.
- Coordinates activities with Service Technicians and appropriate department Managers including Plant Managers or their designated representatives.
- Acts as an information source for company Managers on field information.
- Receives customer requests for service.
- Acts as the first step in creating the service call and schedule.
- Gathers pertinent information – determines type of equipment, necessary supplies and test equipment required to execute the service call.
- Receives and processes salt/chemical orders from Sales, Service, and customers.
- Dispatches Service Technicians and equipment from Service Center or diverts equipment in route, if necessary, to the appropriate job sites.
- Maintains contact with Service Technicians and customers while on duty to ensure 100% accountability.
- Maintains various records and logs. These may include, but are not limited to, daily productivity reports, time logs and various schedules.
- Alerts all pertinent Managers to developing field situations and customer related call ins.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-year work experience demonstrated Customer Service skills.
- Proficiency in SAP Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to support services to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules.
- Ability and willingness to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Associates Degree in Business or Science highly desirable.
- College coursework Chemistry eight hours preferred.
- 1 year work experience in Dispatch for a Service Industry desirable.
- 1 year work experience with multi line telephone and two way radio communications desirable.
- Working DOT knowledge.
- Experience with Water Treatment Industry in Logistics or Services.