IT Resource Solutions
HR Operations Specialist Remote, Remote
Salary: $36.00 – $36.00
$36/hr no benefits. Potential Contract to Hire
HR Operations Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY: The position is responsible for the effective operation of the Sumtotal Learning Management System (LMS) and Performance Management System, including configuration, integration, customization, data management, and technical support for LMS and Performance Management. The HR Operations Specialist will collaborate closely with business owners to consult on training and performance needs and develop or assign appropriate solutions. The position is also responsible for the development and delivery of training via computer/web-based educational models and the corresponding software tools and functions as the lead administrator for the LMS. The Specialist will assist in developing standards, strategies, processes, and technologies that leverage digital media to instruct and educate staff across the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Sumtotal LMS and Performance Management process and systems to provide the structure for learning and performance management activities across the organization.
- Install sets up and manages new applications as they relate to SumTotal
- Collaborate with business owners across the organization to identify and develop appropriate training materials.
- Coordinate with client trainers to integrate eLearning into existing and new ILT (instructor led training) programs.
- Consult with and advises all levels of management on performance management best practices and serves as the organization’s subject matter expert on performance management policies, processes, tools and techniques.
- Build eLearning content utilizing authoring technologies, internet design tools, and multimedia applications (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Vyond. etc.).
- Gather feedback on Performance Management and eLearning content through various channels including surveys and SharePoint.
- Maintain repository of job aids and other eLearning content
- Acts as the point of contact for historical performance management records produced by our performance management software systems.
- Maintain the performance management SharePoint page to include providing access, instructions and various computer-based tools for managers and employees and oversees administration of the L&D department’s SharePoint repository and training assets
- Serve as administrator of LMS including but not limited to: creating learning paths and certifications; managing learner groups, objects, and content; creating and running reports; and testing and validating content, updates, and patches.
- Serve as the administrator for Performance Management set-up, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the system, to include process development.
- Gather data and needs analysis, development of alternatives, and recommendations.
- Facilitate the various annual performance management cycles covering all employees.
- Perform other job-related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of:
- Adult Education theories, principles, methods, and practices.
- eLearning theories, principles, methods, and practices.
- Human Resource Information Systems and related applications.
- HTML coding as it relates to eLearning applications.
- Principles and best practices utilized in performance management.
- Performance management tools and concepts.
- Performance management systems including the business design, programming, configuration, maintenance, and 80 Orville Drive, Suite 100, Bohemia, NY 11716
- phone: 631 – 941 – 2622
- fax: 631 – 941 – iTRS (4877) … A Certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise!
operations of the system.
- Researching, analyzing, interpreting, and applying laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines to learning technology solutions.
- Managing projects from inception to completion.
- Evaluating, developing, and administering learning technology programs and systems.
- Preparing requests for proposal and monitoring the bid process.
- Using required software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other eLearning applications (Articulate, Captivate, Vyond, etc.).
- Consult with and advise users on policies and procedures of assigned area.
- Operate standard office equipment and software applications.
- Effectively manage expectations with stakeholders at all levels.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Read, understand, interpret, apply, and implement company policy and procedure.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Operate professional photo, video, and audio recording devices.
- Apply consulting and interpersonal skills to assist internal customers with diagnosis, planning, design and implementation.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply local, state and federal policy, law, regulation and court decisions as they relate to clients human resources operations.
- Evaluate departmental practices and make sound recommendations for improvement and develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
- Communicate and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies or members of the community in writing and verbally.
- Manage contracts and vendor requirements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or related discipline AND Experience: Five (5) years of experience in managing or administrating performance management systems, eLearning, web-based training development, or related processes. OR An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training