IT Resource Solutions
Epic Principal Trainer-Inpatient Raleigh-Durham, NC
Salary: $ – $
This is a hybrid role for experienced Epic-credentialed Principal Trainers (PTs) needed for clinical and revenue cycle end user, super user, and train-the-trainer training. Candidates for each position must have or obtain credentials required for assigned Epic applications:
(Inpatient) – Must be credentialed in EpicCare Inpatient – ClinDoc (including Secure Chat & Rover), Clinical Case Management, & Behavioral Health
– Developing role-based training content, independently or with team members, using a variety of software
programs, tools, and applications such as Microsoft Office.
– Designing, developing and maintaining instructional materials.
– Maintaining policy and procedure documentation.
– Incorporating feedback from others into existing training and training administration procedures
– Learning new content and consulting with subject matter experts to develop training materials and answer
any participant questions.
– Assisting with building and testing of training environments (MST environments), and providing support and troubleshooting issues.
– Collaborating with other trainers by co-facilitating classroom instruction and assisting with exercises as
– Preparing training lessons, printing materials, and setting up the training room and environment prior to
the training session.
– Presenting information verbally and in writing in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
– Following up with trainees outside of the classroom to offer additional support.
– Serving as an expert educator to state staff.
– Training and credentialing additional classroom trainers as needed (train-the-trainer).
– Training staff and end users by teaching technical topics as needed.
– Managing application assignments by prioritizing assignments and by creating and adhering to timelines
Requirements: 3 years required in each
Must be credentialed in EpicCare Inpatient – ClinDoc (including Secure Chat & Rover), Clinical Case Management, & Behavioral Health
Ability to work without close supervision, taking ownership of work activities, & ensuring training sessions & materials meet Epic’s standards
Skill and experience in adult education, especially for health information technology or healthcare revenue cycle applications
Demonstrating flexibility with respect to required changes in training content and delivery methods
The ability to see things in an open-minded way and examine an idea or concept from as many angles as possible Required
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of work activities &ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and timely
Ability to learn new content and leverage that knowledge to develop strong training programs.
Being cooperative and approachable and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns
Develops presentations & presents in a clear & interesting manner, commanding the audience’s attention, & handling questions/challenges.
Ability to read text, identify major points, make inferences, and draw conclusions that accurately reflect the material
Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely to trainers and trainees when speaking and in writing, adjusting materials to audience
Has a strong work ethic willingness to put forth extra effort when required, including demonstrating persistence in the face of obstacles/adversity
Experience performing job shadowing Required
Credentialed and/or experienced in developing the Epic training environments. Highly desired